What is the Cambly Tutor Ambassador Program and why should I join?
The Cambly Tutor Ambassador program is a way for you to make additional earnings by sharing your experience as a Cambly tutor in video format with your community and personal network, and inviting amazing tutors like yourself to join the Cambly family! You make a video related to Cambly, share your unique referral link, and we will pay you for each video and every time one of your referrals tutors on Cambly! If interested, please sign-up here.
How does it work?
Who will be qualified and how do I sign-up?
To qualify, you must be:
- In Good Standing, meaning tutors who are reliable (no excessive no shows/late cancels on both PH and Reservations) and no excessive policy violations. If you haven’t received any emails from the Tutor Quality and Guidance team, then you can assume that you’re in good standing!
- Have at least 5,000 minutes of total talk time on Cambly
- Have an established YouTube channel and experience with video production
You can sign-up by filling out the sign-up form here.
How long will the Cambly Tutor Ambassador program last?
We look forward to collaborating with you creating videos for a very long time, as Cambly continues to grow! However, Cambly’s growth is dependent on student-demand; on account of this, we may decelerate marketing efforts seasonally, or due to other factors. But please don’t worry; we’ll give you a heads-up if that happens, and your referral bonuses can keep rolling in indefinitely!
Is there a stipulation on a minimum/maximum amount of videos?
No, we don’t have a predetermined amount of videos in mind, and there’s no pressure. We can start by reviewing one or two video ideas that you’re excited about producing, as scripts. Then we can move forward with one of them. Once we work on one or a few videos together, we can evaluate the success of these videos, and determine a pace of production, which we will continue to tweak as required.
I would love to create videos but I don’t know what type of videos to make!
We are so happy that you are interested! You can look for inspiration anywhere; from your own experiences with students, to tips for aspiring tutors, to lifestyle videos on the role Cambly plays in your life as a traveler, as an educator, as a mother, etc. The goal here is for prospective tutors to understand what Cambly is and why you choose to tutor on Cambly, as well as what that experience is like! Also, don’t be afraid to have a gander through the channels of established Youtube creators’ who’re also Cambly tutors.
It’s also a good idea to think back to the time before you applied to Cambly. What kind of information would have helped you understand Cambly more? What did you wish you knew before starting? What factors did you consider before deciding to give Cambly a shot?
We want you to tell YOUR story about why you joined Cambly and the thought process behind your decision. Does any of the following resonate with you?
- Someone with a 9-5 office job thinking about more flexible options where they can work from anywhere, anytime
- A digital nomad looking for an opportunity to make money while traveling
- An online tutor considering applying to another online tutoring company with better hours
- A teacher at a brick & mortar school thinking about transitioning to online teaching
- Someone with a few extra hours and looking for a fun job while making a few $$
- 3 Ways to Make $ Online While Traveling the World: #1 Cambly, #2 xyz #3 abc
- Cambly Tutoring Experience: what you enjoy, don’t enjoy and why you recommend tutoring on Cambly to other tutors
The best videos are the ones that reflect your unique story and your own journey! People appreciate authenticity and honesty, and they want to hear from you! We are happy to work with you so you can tell your story to the world. :)
I don’t currently have a YouTube channel, can I still participate in the Cambly Tutor Ambassador program?
We are looking for tutors who have established a YouTube channel already, and having some video production experience is also helpful! If you’d like to be an Ambassador but you’re not yet established on Youtube, please create a channel and upload a few videos before reaching out about participation in the program.
I don’t currently have a YouTube channel but I do have an Instagram / Tiktok / Facebook account where I can upload videos. Does that work?
You can certainly upload your video and share your referral link to other social media platforms. However, in order to get paid for your video, you must upload your video to YouTube.
How much will I get paid?
- Per video: we will pay you for every video you produce. The pay rate per video will depend on a mix of your prior video production experience and maturity of your YouTube channel. We will start at a base pay of $50 per video. However, if you already have a YouTube channel with a large and strong following, we will pay you more per video!
- Per referral: we encourage you to include your unique referral link in all of your videos. Currently, the referral bonus is $20 for referrals who tutor over 10 hours. If your friend is approved for Cambly Kids, both you and your friend will receive $10 each. This means you can make up to $30 for every successful referral.
- Total pay: total pay will depend on 1) how many videos you’ve made and 2) how many people you successfully referred to Cambly. For example, if you made 5 videos (@ $50/video), you also had 20 successful referrals (@ $20/referral) and 5 of them were approved for Cambly Kids (@ $10/approval), then your total pay will be $50*5+$20*20+$10*5= $700. The great thing about YouTube videos is that people can watch your video years after you make them so we hope that your referral bonus will continue to grow as you sit and watch. :)
Will my per-video pay change?
There is definitely an opportunity to increase your per video pay (we would never decrease your rate)! We would love to develop long-term partnerships. Once we work on one or a few videos together, we can evaluate the success of these videos. If your initial videos are successful, we would be more than happy to increase the per video pay!
What does success look like?
Success videos are ones with high view counts, likes and comments, and where you are able to successfully refer other tutors!
How will I get paid?
We’ll be transferring your compensation for both referrals and videos to your Paypal, in the same way that we do for your chat-minutes.
Equipment & Setup
Do I need any special video/audio recording equipment?
Better equipment does help but certainly not necessary! There are simple video recording techniques that can help improve the quality of your video! Please check out these videos for tips and advice on how to maximize your lighting and audio.
How should I set up my video?
Really up to you! Here is a best practices guide video setup!
My Youtube channel and other sharing spaces are already linked to my name, or other personally identifiable information; is that a problem?
Not at all; that makes perfect sense, given that you’re already a creator. However, it’s important that you don’t include any personally identifiable information in any of the videos you create in collaboration with us. Also, please don’t direct your students to any of this material.
I would love to help. However, I’m scared to introduce competition. I don’t want new tutors to take away my hours/students!
We totally understand where you are coming from! However, please don’t sweat. Our #1 priority is to ensure that our existing tutors get enough hours. We only onboard new tutors when there is an increase in student demand, and will never overhire. Please trust us to take care of onboarding, and you focus on what you do best! :)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT TO PRESERVE THE PRIVACY AND SAFETY OF CAMBLY STUDENTS, STUDENTS CAN NEVER APPEAR ON ANY VIDEOS. ADDITIONALLY, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CAMBLY’S POLICY ON NO PERSONAL INFORMATION EXCHANGE BETWEEN STUDENTS AND TUTORS STILL APPLIES; STUDENTS MUST NEVER BE DIRECTED TO YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL, SOCIAL MEDIA, OR ANY CAMBLY AMBASSADOR VIDEOS. AND THE VIDEOS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT INCLUDE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.