If your Cambly Kids lesson ends early or if you and your student simply want to do something other than Cambly Kids lessons, you can try to explore the following extra resources.
|Pro Tip - If you decide to use a resource, stay in engaged with your student as they use it! Taking breaks to discuss what they've seen so far and asking questions as new concepts come up are great ways to both use a resource and also make sure that you're using your teaching skills to supplement the experience. Please avoid over reliance on these resources which we often see occur when a resource is used for extended periods of time without any interaction.|
These are questions that can help start a conversation with students. Though Cambly Kids has structured lessons, we still encourage tutors to create opportunities for kids to practice conversations. Please note that some of these links may include religious questions and we recommend our tutors to avoid these topics with CK students.
- Discussion Starters for Children | ESL Conversation Topics for Kids - ESL Speaking
- ESL Questions for Kids (English Conversation Topics) - 123 Bien
- Conversation Starters for Kids - Conversation Starters
Supplemental Lesson Material
This material can supplement your CK lesson if the lesson ends early or a student needs more practice in a certain area.
These links are for free online books that you can read with your students.
- Bedtime Stories: Short Stories with Values
- Squigly's Playhouse
- Free Teaching Resources: Fun Classroom Activities and Lesson Plan Ideas - HMH
- Short Stories for Kids - Kids World Fun
- Free Kids Books (best for screen sharing)
- Unite for Literacy
Kids love to have a fun activity at the end of class. Here are a few suggestions:
- Show and Tell
- I Spy
- Guess My Number
- Simon Says
You can also find more resources and support by joining our Cambly Kids – Tutor Group on Facebook.