Having issues accessing the profile link, passing the connection test or uploading your introduction video? Find your solution below!
I am getting a blank page when I sign up. What do I do?
Please only use Chrome on a computer (no other browser, not the app and not on a smartphone or tablet). If you're already doing that and still have this issue, please try going through this checklist to solve it:
- Fully clear Chrome's cache and cookies (please note, this will likely delete numerous settings for various websites)
- Close Chrome
- Restart your computer
I'm still having trouble connecting to Cambly to get started. What do I do?
- Please only use Chrome on a computer (no other browser, not the app, and not on a smartphone or tablet)
- Please restart your computer and router
- Please make sure both Chrome and your OS are up-to-date and that recent updates have installed correctly
- Please disable any unnecessary webcam software
- Please disable all Chrome browser extensions
- Run Cambly in an incognito window
- Please plug directly into your router using an Ethernet cable, rather than using Wi-Fi
- Please make sure no scan or update is slowing your computer down
- Please close all other programs, apps, and tabs while 'visible' to tutor
- Please make sure no other person (or program) is "hogging the bandwidth" as we say
It takes me to the page as if I'm a student. I want to be a tutor!
No worries! When you create an account, it automatically creates both a student and tutor account for you. If activated, you are given 15 free minutes to use on your student profile to call a fellow tutor and see how Cambly works, as well as ask any questions you may have!
Follow these steps to access the tutor application from the student page:
- Click on the circle in the upper-right hand corner of the page
- On the dropdown menu, select “Switch Role”
- Select “Tutor”
I'm having issues uploading my profile picture/video/teaching certificate, what should I do?
- Photo/Teaching certificate: Please ensure that your photo/file is in the correct format. We recommend using JPEG or PDF. Also check that the file size is not too large. If you're having trouble, one trick is to screenshot your photo/file, then upload the screenshot instead of the original one.
- Video: If you're struggling to upload a pre-recorded video, please try recording and submitting one live as it's much rarer for there to be an issue that way.
How can I test if my system is compatible with Cambly's video chat system?
To test whether your system is compatible with our video chat system, please go here: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/
Your internet speed needs to meet the minimum recommended speed, which is 3mbps download and 2mbps upload.
If you can pass the test and your internet speed is above the minimum, but you're still having issues, please try restarting your computer and trying again. Please be sure to keep all other applications/programs closed, as some may "steal" your mic/camera from Cambly. Also, it can help to use Incognito Mode on Chrome if some of your browser extensions are interfering.