In this article:
New Cambly Tutors
- Why call another Cambly tutor?
- How do I call another Cambly Tutor?
- What should I ask them?
- What's next?
Current Cambly Tutors
New Cambly Tutors:
1. Why call another Cambly tutor?
If you are a new tutor, we completely understand that you may be nervous to get started! T
2. How do I call another Cambly Tutor?
New Cambly tutors can call another tutor right from their tutor dashboard. This can be found in the Helpful tips to get started list. Following this link takes you to a list of tutors online and ready to chat!
If you are a more experienced tutor, no longer have the Helpful tips to get started list, and still have minutes to use, simply follow these steps to call another tutor:
1. From your tutor account, click the circle (your profile picture) in the top, right corner of the page. On the drop-down menu, click "Switch Role" and select "Student".
Note: sometimes when you log in, you are automatically logged in as a student (no worries, every existing tutor has both a student and tutor account!).
2. Click the TUTORS tab at the top of your student page. Here, you will find a list of tutors online and ready to chat!
Once you make the call, you will be taken to the classroom as a student.
3. What should I ask them?
First and foremost, immediately introduce yourself as a new (or fellow) tutor using your student minutes to talk to a current tutor. Letting the tutor know this information up-front will help you get the most out of your call!
The main goal of these minutes is for you to not only see the classroom before giving your own lesson but also to connect with a fellow tutor and ask any questions you may have! For example, you might ask them:
- What they wish they would've known going into their first lesson on Cambly
- Their top 3 tips for tutoring on Cambly
- How to utilize the functions in the classroom (whiteboard, screen-sharing, using the Library)
- What their favorite thing about Cambly is
- Or just talk to them about how you're feeling about tutoring and/or ask for words of encouragement!
We encourage all new tutors to not only read through the Tutor Guide first, which may help inform some of your questions you plan on asking the tutor you call.
4. What's next?
We hope that using these minutes and chatting with another tutor help you feel even more prepared for your first lesson on Cambly! If you have any remaining questions, please search our Help Center. If you cannot find the answer there, feel free to reach out to our friendly Tutor Support Team.
*Note: If you did not get the information you would have liked out of your call with a fellow Cambly tutor, or wish to learn more, you may send in a Support Request to request additional minutes for an additional tutor call. Please explain the circumstances, and the Tutor Support team will review the request. While an additional call on your student account is not guaranteed, our Tutor Support Team will make every effort to ensure you feel comfortable going into your first call.
Current Cambly Tutors:
1. Receiving calls from other Cambly Tutors
Cambly offers new tutors the option of connecting with another tutor as a way to prepare for the early days of tutoring on Cambly. Don't be surprised if a Cambly tutor calls you! You could try discussing the following with them:
- Think back to when you were just starting out – what do you wish you’d known?
- Be the friendly voice that answers their burning questions about Cambly.
- Remember those butterflies in your stomach before your very first class? Well, give them some reassuring words. You've been there, and you know it gets better.
2. Returning the Lesson
If you are unable to chat with a new tutor, or are uncomfortable doing so, simply let the new tutor know that you will be returning their minutes, and they should find another tutor to call. As a reminder, you can learn more about returning student lessons here.