There are a variety of resources for tutors to use during a lesson. Tutors can use any material in the Cambly Library, ranging from Cambly Courses to Speaking Games. In addition, tutors can also access external links they've bookmarked.
Once you are on the "My saved links" page, you can add a new link by clicking on "New Link" button on the upper right corner of the page. Once your links are added, you can sort them alphabetically or by date. Click on the up/down arrow to sort by ascending or descending order.
During the lesson, you can access your saved links under the Library section on the right side of your screen! Once you click on the link, it will copy and paste into your chatbox. You can modify your message to the student before sending the link!
- Cambly Lessons. Everything from test prep questions, conversation topics, grammar tips to discussion topics. Please note, with the introduction of Cambly Courses, we will not be maintaining or updating the Cambly lessons website. All levels.
- Engoo. Comprehensive materials for everyone. All levels.
- Discussion questions. Pick a topic and fill your session with an engaging discussion! With this comprehensive list, you'll never run out of things to talk about on Cambly. All levels.
Business English Practice
- 100 interview questions. Great practice for students prepping for an interview in English. Intermediate/advanced learners.
- Exercises surrounding top global companies. Read a short blurb on a company, answer discussion questions, role-play, and fill-in-the-blank. Intermediate/advanced learners
- Intermediate business vocabulary. Practice using each word in a sentence. Intermediate/advanced learners.
- Common business emails/letters. Go over examples of common business emails and letters. Intermediate learners.
- Useful business expressions. Practice making sentences using common business expressions. Intermediate learners.
- Practice common business sentences. Read and repeat these common sentences. Low-intermediate/intermediate learners.
- 16 business-related discussion topics. Choose a topic and spend the session discussing the topic from all angles. All levels.
Exam Preparation (TOEFL, IELTS, ESL)
- Sample Full-length IELTS Exams.
- Sample IELTS Speaking Section.
- Sample TOEFL Reading & Listening Sections.
- 4 Full-length TOEFL exams.
Idioms & Common Expressions:
- Extensive idiom list. Practice using each idiom in a sentence. Intermediate/advanced learners.
- Ten sets of common idioms (15 idioms per list). Practice using each idiom in a sentence. Intermediate/advanced learners.
- Idioms used in sample conversations. Learn idioms by reading sample conversations. Afterward, practice using idioms in sentences. Intermediate learners.
- Common simple sentences. Practice reading and repeating these common English sentences. Low-intermediate learners.
- News articles written in different levels. The same news story rewritten in 3 different difficulty levels. All levels.
- Introduction to grammar basics. Go over verb tenses, prepositions, conjunctions, and other grammar basics. Low-intermediate/intermediate learners.
- Grammar exercises. Go through grammar exercises. Low-intermediate/intermediate learners.
Pronunciation & Intonation Practice
Sets of phrases
These 24 sets of phrases will get students started on the road to fluency. Try to learn each one by creating several sample sentences and then practicing using each in conversation. Repetition and practice are key. Sets are ordered loosely in ascending order of difficulty, and the links connect to sample sentences as provided by the following free site: www.talkenglish.com.