Packet Loss means some of the data you’re sending from your computer isn’t reaching the intended destination. High Packet Loss is typically caused by interference or congestion.
Please go to https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/ and conduct the test. The green checkmarks, red crosses and error messages can help pinpoint the exact issue in your case. Sometimes, it's possible to click on a red cross and/or error message and get specific advice from Vonage themselves.
If you received all green checkmarks or you can’t solve the issue through Vonage’s Help Center, please run through the following checklist as thoroughly as you can:
- Please only use Chrome on a computer (no other browser, not the app, and not on a smartphone or tablet).
- Please restart your computer and router.
- Please make sure both Chrome and your OS are up-to-date and that recent updates have installed correctly.
- Please disable any unnecessary webcam software.
- Please disable all Chrome browser extensions.
- Run Cambly in an incognito window.
- While troubleshooting, perhaps try disabling all firewalls, anti-viruses, ad-blockers, VPNs, etc. that could be interfering. Seek professional advice if you have concerns about the security of your computer, home network, etc.
- Please plug directly into your router using an Ethernet cable, rather than using Wi-Fi
- Please make sure no scan or update is slowing your computer down.
- Please close all other programs, apps, and tabs while 'visible' to tutor.
- Please make sure no other person (or program) is "hogging the bandwidth" as we say.
Running through each of those points carefully often solves this problem. If it doesn’t and if possible, please try connecting using a different computer on the same connection. If you still have problems even after using another computer, the problem is likely with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and our advice would be to contact them.
We really hope all that helps you solve your Packet Loss issue!